October 4, 2022
1. Consent to Policy
2. Collecting Your Information
When you use the Service, we will collect certain information that can be used to personally identify you (the “Personal Information”). Personal Information may include, but is not limited to, your first and last name, email address, phone number, postal address, professional information, location data, information about your purchases, and IP address.
The Personal Information we collect from you may differ depending on whether you are using the Website or App and whether you use the Service as a potential buyer (a “Buyer User”) or as a real estate salesperson or homeowner selling on your own (an “Agent/Seller User”) (Buyer Users and Agent/Seller Users are collectively referred to as “Users” in this Policy). We collect Personal Information about you in three ways: information obtained directly from you, information obtained through automated technology, and information obtained from third party sources.
Personal Information Provided By You. We collect Personal Information you provide directly to us, which may include, but is not limited to:
- Account information: When you create an account to use the Service (an “Account”), we collect Personal Information from you, such as your name, username, email address, and phone number.
- Communications: If you contact us to request technical or customer support, inquire about our Service, ask questions about your Account, sign up for our newsletter, or for any other purpose, we collect the Personal Information in the communication, which may include your name, Account username, email address, and the contents of the communication.
- Create profile/Use the Service: You have the ability to add information to your user profile, such as your address, firm information, and real estate license number, if you are an Agent/Seller User. We collect additional Personal Information from you throughout your use of the Service, such as when you add branding or other information to a property virtual tour or showcase, make purchases, or interact with other Users.
- Geolocation: We collect your precise location using your device’s geolocation features when you consent.
- Information you provide: We collect other Personal Information that you voluntarily provide to us.
Personal Information Collected From Other Sources. We receive Personal Information about you from other sources and may combine it with Personal Information we hold about you:
- Service providers: Our service providers may collect Personal Information about you and provide it to us as part of the services they conduct on our behalf. For example, when you make a purchase, our third party payment processor will collect your payment information, as described above, and will share limited Personal Information with us to identify that the transaction has been processed.
- Other Users: We may receive Personal Information about you from other Users, such as when a User asks us to send you an invitation to use the Service or send you content.
- Social networks: If you reference Domotics or the Service on social media or interact with Domotics on social media, we receive Personal Information about you from that social media network, including but not limited to your social media username, profile information, and the contents of your post or interaction. Please see the “Social Features” section below
- Public Sources: We may obtain Personal Information about you available in the public domain.
- Information is Automatically Collected. When you access and use the Service, our servers automatically log information about you and your device. This information does not reveal your personal identity but does include information about your device and usage of the Service. The information we collect includes:
- Log and Usage Data. We collect information about your interaction with and usage of the Service, including but not limited to time and date of your visit, pages visited, duration of visit, referring pages, keywords entered, and other analytic data.
- Device Data. We collect device data such as information about your computer, phone, tablet or other device you use to access the Website. Depending on the device used, this device data may include information such as your IP address (or proxy server), device type, device identification number, location, browser type and version, operating system, and hardware settings. Please note that in some jurisdictions, IP address is considered Personal Information, although it does not identify you, personally.
3. Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
Most browsers or mobile devices allow the user to control Cookie settings. Some Cookies are essential to the performance of the Service and cannot be disabled. However, you can configure your browser settings to reject or disable non-essential Cookies. Please note that if you disable Cookies, some features of the Services may not operate as intended.
We use the following types of Cookies on the Website and App:
- Session Cookies: Session Cookies are temporary and are deleted from your device as soon as you close your browser. For example, we use session Cookies to keep you logged in during your visit to the Website or App.
- Persistent Cookies: These cookies remain on your device even after you have closed your web browser or logged off your device. For example, we use persistent Cookies to remember login details to facilitate your login to the Service, save your preferences, and track your use of the Service over time.
We do not use advertising Cookies, nor do we allow third parties to place advertising Cookies on the Website or App.
We may also use web beacons on the Website or App or in emails we send to you. Web beacons, also known as clear gifs or pixel tags, are clear image files that track User interaction with the Website, App, or emails we send to generate and compile statistics, improve content, and monitor usage. Web beacons do not store data on your computer or device and do not contain Personal Information.
4. Use of Your Information
Use of Your Personal Information
We use Personal Information for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service, monitor usage of our Service, provide technical and customer support, distribute your content, and create your profile.
- To manage your Account, register you as a User of the Service, facilitate Account login, maintain your User Account, and remember your preferences.
- To fulfill our contractual obligations to you, such as sending you required notices, processing and fulfilling your transactions, and providing the specific features or upgrades you request.
- To communicate with you, such as to send you updates about Service upgrades or maintenance, respond to your inquiries or requests, notify you about security incidents, send invoices, confirm transactions, and notify you about new features of the Service.
- To send you advertising and promotional materials about other Domotics products, services, or events.
- For security purposes, to analyze the security of the Service and to help detect and resolve any security incidents and prevent harm.
- Any other legal purpose, with your express consent.
Use of Your Usage Data
We use anonymous Log and Usage Data and Device Data to analyze usage of the Service, identify trends, improve the Service and its features, identify the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns, monitor traffic to the Service, and detect and fix errors.
5. Sharing Your Personal Information
We do not sell your Personal Information for any purpose. We may share your Personal Information with third parties in the following situations:
- Service Providers: We share your Personal Information with individuals or entities that provide services to us that assist us in facilitating the Service, providing the Service on our behalf, or performing business functions that allow us to provide the Service to you, such as analyzing use of the Service, hosting the Service, and distributing emails. We only disclose the specific categories of Personal Information required to provide the services for which we engaged the service provider. Service providers are restricted from using your Personal Information for any reason other than to provide services to us or on our behalf.
- Business transfers: We may disclose or transfer your Personal Information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, consolidation, sale of assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- Other Users: When you interact with other Users through the Service, such as chatting with a Buyer User or Agent/Seller User, inviting an individual to use the Service, or sharing virtual tours or other content with a Buyer User, some of your Personal Information will be displayed to the User to identify you as the sender.
- When legally required: We will share your Personal Information pursuant to a subpoena, court order, or other legal processes, law, or obligation.
- To protect others: We may disclose Personal Information to prevent, investigate, or protect against potential or actual threats to the physical safety or security of any person or our property.
- With Consent: If you specifically direct us to share your Personal Information with a third-party, we will do so with your consent.
We may share anonymous Log and Usage Data and Device Data with our service providers and other third parties, where permitted by law.
6. Social Features
The social networking site you choose to visit may also collect information from you. We are not responsible for their use of your Personal Information.
7. Retention of Your Personal Information
We will retain your Personal Information only for as long as is necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law (such as tax, accounting, or other legal requirements), or to prevent or detect fraud, assist with investigations, resolve disputes, protect our rights, or enforce our policies.
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your Personal Information, we will either delete or anonymize such information or, if this is not possible (for example, because your Personal Information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your Personal Information until deletion is possible. We may retain information that has been anonymized or de-identified for internal purposes for an indefinite period of time.
8. Transfer of Your Personal Information to the United States
9. Security of Your Personal Information
We implement and maintain reasonable technical, administrative, physical, and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any Personal Information from unauthorized access, use, modification, destruction, or disclosure. However, despite our safeguards and efforts to secure your information, no electronic transmission over the Internet or information storage technology is 100% secure. We cannot guarantee that transmissions to and from the Service or stored Personal Information will be free from unauthorized access or use by third parties. You should only access the Service within a secure environment.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your Account username and password and other Account information in order to prevent unauthorized access to and use of your Account. If you believe your password has been compromised or your Account has been accessed without authorization, you should change your password immediately and notify Domotics.
10. Do Not Track Disclosures
Certain browsers feature a “Do Not Track” feature which sends a signal to the website not to track the user’s online activity. Because no universal standard has been adopted for “Do Not Track” signals, the Service does not recognize or respond to “Do Not Track” browser requests. However, we do not track your activity across other websites, nor do we allow third parties to track your activity for marketing purposes.
11. Children’s Privacy
The Service is not directed to anyone under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from anyone under the age of 16. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Information from anyone under the age of 16, we will take steps to delete that Personal Information from our servers. If you believe your child has provided us with Personal Information without your consent, please contact us using the information below.
12. Links to Other Websites
13. Your Personal Information Choices
You can prevent the Service from accessing your geolocation by selecting to deny access. If you have previously enabled the Service to access your geolocation, you can disable access at any time by changing your device’s location settings.
Review or Correct Personal Information
Delete Personal Information
You may request that we delete your Account or specific Personal Information we hold about you by sending an email to us at the contact information below. We may need to verify your identity before processing your request. Please note that in some circumstances we may not be able to delete all Personal Information we hold about you, such as where we need the Personal Information for recordkeeping purposes, to fulfill our obligations, or provide the services you requested.
16. Privacy Notice for California Residents
The following section only applies to California residents.
Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83 (the “Shine the Light” law), California residents have the right to request in writing from a business: (a) a list of the categories of Personal Information, such as name, address, e-mail address, and the type of services provided to the customer, that a business has disclosed to third parties (including affiliates that are separate legal entities) during the immediately preceding calendar year for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes, and (b) the names and addresses of all such third parties.
17. Contact Us
- By email: email@example.com
- By mail: Domotics RE-Technologies, LLC
23 Catoonah Street, 3rd Floor
Ridgefield, CT 06877